My Pinterest

Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Fairie's Letter

I can't tell you how busy I've been between Thanksgiving and now! First of all we had a most wonderful Thanksgiving at Grandma's house (my mom that is). We made a fabulous turkey, all of the trimmings of course & lots of deserts....all in all it was a wonderful day, with tons to be thankful for...this is our second Thanksgiving now without my dad & I'm still not used to him not sitting at the head of the table. On that note, I'm so thankful for all of the gifts that he has given me that I don't think I ever even realized till after he's gone.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I've been so busy tending the shop...black Friday & cyber Monday, had tons of traffic!  & most importantly, creating artwork. My current project is a "C" that I finished for a precious little girl for Christmas. I say "current" project because, not only did I do her initial, but I'm doing all of the letters in her beautiful name as well :). So, with that, here is the first letter in the project...OH Kristin, seriously, look at ALL this color!

C final watermark

11 comments:

  1. I love this, it is so beautiful. What do you use to add color when you do put in colors? Amazing art as always. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!That is fantastic.I love what you do with your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That letter is so gorgeous. I love all the delicate details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous artwork. We always have a lot to be thankful for if we look hard enough. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am with you on the dad thing...20 years has passed and we still miss him...around Christmas tho mores as that is one thing i got off him besides photography and creating with my hands...he had the ability to do any of our arty school projects for us...with style...and back then we had no photocopies do he drew them for us...he had his cranky moments too...lol...but who doesn't....he also expected perfection...don't know if rats a good ot bad thing i got off him...now...into your art...my friend..i am always in awe of your eotk...i run around my house showing ny family your drawings...they nearly make me cry they are so beautiful...you have an amazing gift j....thankyou for e starting my day with your magic...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky little girl to have your beautiful arts all done in her name! Whoa! Can't wait to see all the others that will come up.
    I can't even begin to think about someone close leaving... it'll be so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and delicate Joanna. I remember when you posted on Summer of Color and blogged about hardly using color in your work and now look at you! Even your colors have a lovely soft quality to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanna, this is so beautiful. What an amazing gift this will be. I love the colors in this too. You truly are blessed with so much talent. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I LOVE THIS! And your comment is Still cracking me up as I type!!! YES, I adore all that color - she is absolutely Gorgeous! So elegant and feminine and I love the tiny elements and details on the bottom of your piece. Thank you for sharing this with us and I'm glad you had a beautiful Thanksgiving and memories of your dear Dad, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, this is beautiful and just happy! She looks joyful to me.

    This is the third year for us without our father ~ and man! I know how you feel. It's just not the same. ~

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete