Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"The Beauty Within"

I'm so excited to share my newest girl! I've called this piece "The Beauty Within". I struggled with naming her for a while... I knew she was beautiful & that she might represent someone or some emotion that is unattainable... like a beauty that only exists in fairy tales...that she's the furthest thing from reality. These were my thoughts during the whole process. I was thinking of even giving her just any old pretty name.

BUT then of course the light bulb went off, lol. I realized that we all have it in us to *be* her... (silly me) it's the simplicity of kindness & love that we can experience & that shines through... to be kind & generous... so it is a selfless beauty that she possesses that exists within us all.. These thoughts are as old as dirt, but I'm a true believer that it doesn't matter what a person looks like on the outside, your "beauty within" is what makes you truly beautiful!  Sorry, my art makes my sappy!!

img147


I hope you like her! Cheers :) Joanna xo

12 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and looks like she would be the sweetest person to talk to. I love her eye and freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful!She's enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Love her free flowing hair, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...how stunning is she...how do you make them so perfect...not a pencil line out of place...perfection...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanna. It's wonderful to finally meet you here on your blog, even if we pass each other on Etsy almost everyday. LOL! This new girl is beautiful, looking forward to reading your older posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...beautiful! ~ your spirit spills forth from the canvas ~ reaching out ~ touching the heart ~ with crystaline visions ~ of honesty and integrity ~ blessed be! ~ dear soul sister!... ...xXx... ...Samantha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is absolutely beautiful! That eye is just GORgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, you blow me away more than anyone ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is truly fabulous. I love the beauty within us all. We definitely have to remember that it is there and let it shine through. I don't think you're sappy, I think you are wonderful. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so beautiful! She took my breath away.....

    ReplyDelete