My Pinterest

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Morticia!

Halloween came early for me! I had this awesome challenge given the choice of of Mr. Adams, Frankenstein & Lurch...then Morticia was offered & couldn't pass up the challenge.  & what a challenge it was, I absolutely stink at portraits, they simply just never seem to come out looking like they should.  Needless to say this was amazing practice & I'm really pleased with the way Mr. Bat came out... So here she is after a week worth of being in the throes of sketching!

133

& after being told, please no butterflies, this is Mortica now... well, this is when Mr. Bat came to mind. Ironically enough, after my attempts of adding the bat to keep this piece as scary as can be... I ask Maddie, well, what do you think? Her reply was, "awww, I love the bat, he's so fluffy!" lol.

133 cropped

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! Morticia is amazing !! ...and your scary Mr.Bat is kinda cute ;) Absolutely stunning artwork!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Morticia is amazing. The bat is cute in a creepy battish way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only say that I am amazed by your skills...

    And I don't think that Mr. Bat is too fluffy or something. He fits rather well, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it; I love the Adams Family! You captured the essence so well! Amazing~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I can't get over the texture you have given to the bats wings, so delicate. I think you are being too hard on yourself when you say you "stink at portraits", as this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!!!!!!! Holy Moly!!!! and I have to agree with Maddie...LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanna this portrait of Morticia is stunning! Love, love, love! The bat is just perfect! He's my favorite now. Truly, you do the most beautiful art.
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one beautiful Morticia! Those eyes are GOR-GEOUS!

    ReplyDelete