My Pinterest

Friday, February 25, 2011

So Many Emotions

I know I've said so many times already, but it is so surreal still that my artwork is being seen now by so many... I've been drawing my whole life and the only people able to appreciate it was my immediate family. & some of my family up till now didn't even realize the level of passion that I have for expression.

So many emotions go into every single drawing...That's why I suppose I love to sketch so much because it's like drawing my feelings.  There is so much of me that is bitter & sarcastic, depressed & unhappy for reasons sometimes I can't even explain.  But, when I draw it's almost like a yearning I have to be pure & good & pretty.  It's that *kindred spirit* that comes through when I draw.  So much of that I can give my Dad credit for, I miss him more than I can even put into words.  & my yearning to draw recently I think has only increased since his passing.  I can't believe that he's not here anymore, so much that I would have like to share with him... so many regrets because I don't know if he realized how much he's influenced my life spiritually.

1 comment:

  1. You can really see your emotions in these drawing. Beautiful. I am sorry you're struggling, but how amazing to see your father's influence, and use it.

    ReplyDelete