My Pinterest

Friday, July 18, 2014

A pencil drawing with coffee staining... and my own reflections ~

I've been so wrapped up with commissions...I'm simply yearning to create, to create something that I can call "mine". I'll share a piece, one of my latest original pencil drawings with some coffee staining.. I've called her "As Time Stands Still". She just looks like an old soul to me from years ago that will always be there, as time flies by, her spirit simply stands still... one of these days, I'll have the time to sit and create again... this piece was done in the winter time.

 I'll later share some of the special commissions I've completed and am working on. So busy, it's sort of surreal. & as much as I miss making my original art, of course I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Being a kid I never knew what I wanted to be when I grow up... let's just say my personal expectations just were very low. I was terrible in school.. as the story goes never went to college. I suppose having a family and being a stay at home mom was fulfilling enough. It wasn't until I seriously started creating, and doing what I love most that the drive came. I never wanted anything so badly before, lol an emotion that was entirely unfamiliar to me.

I keep feeling like I need to look over my shoulder to see who's life I'm living.. "Dreams do come true?" (I'm almost afraid to say that out loud) I am constantly asking myself...

Enough of my ramblings... off to create...

  img344_edited-1

No comments:

Post a Comment