My Pinterest

Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Surrender"

I wish you all could have seen the drawing in it's original state, I'm afraid the scan just doesn't do this piece any justice... This was a commission, if you recall my piece called "Heartbroken". A most wonderful person fell in love with her, but wanted me to create a very special piece similar that they could call their very own.... So, here I've created "Surrender". She's tried to be brave, but the pain & sorrow was just too much to bear. All she could do is succumb to the agony & surrender all of her emotions. She is captured in that very moment for all time.

surrender_edited-1

12 comments:

  1. This work is really beautiful!!
    Have a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is so touching. I just want to have a good healing cry with her. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful as always. Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ethereal quality of your works always expresses emotions so perfectly. Thank you for another beautiful, inspirational piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW...Just so sweet and touching in every detail....BEAUTIFUL!!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this lovely and tender piece overflows with tender feeling.
    I love your art. Lovely weekend to you~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very heart wrenching and beautiful. I love the flowing lines. She is so gorgeous. The recipient is very lucky to receive such beauty. Your talent is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Heavens! Joanna, how can I express what this piece makes me feel, if there are no words! This is glorious, it is pure feeling, sorrow, raw emotion, and just by looking at it, I can feel my heart weep, my chest tighten, my soul sadden.
    Your original was so amazingly beautiful that it seemed impossible to match, but this piece, well, really, as I said, I have no words!
    BRAVO JOANNA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, Wow! Yeah. That's it. But I LOVE it so much!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so beautiful and moving. As I have said before your paintings are so exquisite.

    I have awarded you the "liebster blog" award! Check out my blog to see the details.
    http://lindasc.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is extraordinary. You can feel the pain. This is why you're so amazing.

    So sad too. :(

    ReplyDelete